Monday, August 22, 2011

It's a Monday...

The past couple of weeks have been great! Here are some highlights...

1. Two weekends ago, my mom, dad, big sister, and baby nephew came to visit! Henry is now 3 months old, makes eye contact, laughs, talks, and is a pleasure to hold. It was great to have my family here to visit (Hanna, we missed you!), to hang out, to catch up, and to explore B'ham with.


2. Last weekend, Paul's parents came and spent a couple of days with us too! We loved having them here as well - we got to hang out, go up to the Vulcan (a big statue that over looks the city), eat at an amazing Greek restaurant, and also do a lot of catching up!


3. Today, I ran 6 miles for the first time since...oh, maybe the beginning of April. It felt great! I'm going to start running in my Newton shoes soon too. My running shoes are getting a little too worn down, and it's time for a switch.

4. I made scones this weekend that were really good! One set were banana scones (minus the nutella, I don't have any, but we used honey instead to drizzle over top), and then the second batch, I used the same recipe, but omitted bananas, and added cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins. Paul was a big fan of both! Yah for baking success!

5. Hopefully I will be starting to work at the church child development center next Monday. I finally got all of my paper work in last week, and I have doctor's app't on Thursday for them to tell me I'm healthy.

6. I've been reading a lot! Here are my two latest reads - both of which I would recommend:

This was on my summer reading list!  Long, but good. 

Found this one at the library and picked it up. 
7. Day 13 of the Picture Challenge - I know. I know. I haven't been doing these daily.
A picture of your favorite band. This one is tough for me. I don't really have one.
I would love to see Hillsong United in concert.

But of course - I also had the embarrassing music favorites...oh well!


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment