Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 7

A picture of your most treasured item.


My engagement ring and my wedding ring.

My engagement ring because it has sweet, sentimental value to me and Paul. The diamond belonged to Paul's great-grandmother Reid. She was the first Mrs. George Paul Reid. I am the fourth Mrs. G.P. Reid. And since we have decided not to carry on that name any further, the diamond has belong to the 1st and the last Mrs. George Paul Reid. I almost cried when I heard that. Paul the diamond and had it reset for me. It's perfect. It's simple. It's elegant. It's timeless. It's everything I wanted in my engagement ring. I'm honored and proud to wear it.

My wedding band 11 little diamonds in the band. It's a beautiful addition to the engagement ring. But that's not the reason why I love it (although it does add some sparkle!). It's a symbol of my love and devotion to my husband. God brought us together, and this is my way of letting the world know that I'm taken and spoken for. Marriage, according to the scripture, is something sacred, and not to be taken lightly. The vows we spoke were a covenant to each other and to God.

Forever and ever, amen.

On another note, things are going really well here at home. I have started nannying two days a week, and love it. Today little bit and I went to the library. Oddly enough, we didn't look at one book. We watched some fish in a fish tank, played with some puzzles, and played with some other sensory type tables. Paul is working hard being a dentist. He often has some great stories to share about patients and procedures when he gets home. Working in a hospital setting is quite different than working in a controlled environment like MUSC was.

Today is also my dear friend from BBE and grandfather's and birthday!
Happy Birthday Pop, and Heidi!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment