Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 9

A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.

Again, this isn't just one person. It's going to be a bunch of people, but specifically 2. For the past three years, it's been my BBE family (for security reasons, that's all I'm going to put, but it's the school I taught at for 3 yrs).

Working at BBE had it's joys, but it also had a lot of challenges. My first year teaching there I think I left crying more days than not. I was there to open the building, and stayed late to finish work. I have put blood, sweat, tears, and laughter into the children that I taught there.

It was the women that I worked with that got me through. Especially Heidi and Patricia. And so for the last three years, they have gotten me through the most, and have helped shaped me into the teacher that I am today.

Heidi was there for me from the beginning. Being a veteran teacher, she had more resources, inside knowledge, and wisdom to share than I could have ever imaged and needed. She guided me through my first year, and would stay late with me to help calm me down, destress, and prepare for the next day. We were soundboards for each other and worked well together.

Patricia was my mentor during my preschool teaching days. As I've said before, Furman is a great school, but it did not prepare me for the real world. Patricia was there to help navigate me through "teaching the real world preschool" at BBE. I seriously don't know what I would have done without her knowledge of 4 year olds, parents, discipline, and curriculum.

Heidi is on the left, Patricia is on the right. 

Thank you for helping me through so much ladies! I couldn't have done it without you.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment