Saturday, September 3, 2011

Working girl

This week was my first full week of working. On Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, I am working at Canterbury Methodist Church Child Development Center. And on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I'm nannying for a 15 month old little girl. This was my first week working at the CDC, and it went really well. I'm a sub/floater, so I go where they need me and help out where I can (either in classrooms or in the office even).
Monday I was with a toddler class! They are so cute and so sweet! And it was fun to be working/playing with the little guys. Then Thursday I was working with a four year old class, which I'm used to. It was good to be back with an age group that I love. The class only had 10 kids, and there are two teachers! It was amazing! Friday was a staff development day, so I got to sit in a meeting and then help the teachers get their classrooms ready for Tuesday, which is the first day of their fall semester. Next week, I'll be in an infant class for two days! I'm not sure what we'll do all day with infants, but it will be fun to hold the little babies! :)

Day 15. A picture of someone who inspires you. My grandfather, Theo Moll. That's me, too!

My Papa immigrated from Germany to the US when he was 19 years old, with nothing more than a few dollars in his pocket and trunk with some clothes and personal items. He came by himself, and knew only one person. He started working in Cleveland, Ohio, and eventually started his own company. He was a man of God, who loved his family. I don't really remember that much of him, he died when I was in the 5th grade. As you can see from the picture, he was an old when I was born, and I didn't really have the opportunity to get to know him as well as I would have liked. However, I do know he was a good man, who worked hard, trusted the Lord, and loved his family. I hope I can live like that too.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment