Friday, September 23, 2011

Nut Granola Bars

It's about 3:30 in the morning and once again, I'm wide awake and can't sleep.
I hate it when this happens.
My mind just won't shut off, and one of the things I keep thinking about is meal planning for next week. I like to plan my meals and everything ahead of time and make one grocery stop per week. So I've been thinking about breakfast, and can't stop thinking about the most amazing nut granola bars I've ever had! I think I might have shared these before, but they are so worth repeating! (thanks to Enjoying Healthy Foods).


The Ingredients:

1 cup Almonds
1 cup Pecan
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup cranberries
4 TBSP coconut flakes
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup Almond Butter
1/4 cup Coconut Oil

The Directions:
Add Almonds and Pecans into the food processor and rough chop. Pour them into a bowl and add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries and coconut flakes.

In a sauce pan add raw honey, almond butter and coconut oil. Once it is smooth and creamy add the nuts. 

Pour mixture into a 8x8 (with parchment) pan and spread evenly. Put in freezer for 2 hours to chill and set. 

ENJOY!!!!

Well that takes care of breakfast...now I gotta think of everything else!

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. oh my word these look incredible. and i have all these ingredients in! looks like i know what i'll be making to snack on this week!

    thanks!!

    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete