Thursday, March 10, 2011

Refocusing....

I'm still working my way through Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby. And it's still been wonderful and challenging. Yesterday, as I was going through the lesson, he used Romans 12:9-21 as a description of how we, as the body of Christ, should live with one another. And it really pulled on a heart string of mine. Here's what verses 9-15 say (the ones that really tugged):
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another about your selves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keel your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need.
Practice hospitality."
Wow. Even now as I read and read again these lines, I am in awe and speechless. I think to my self...I am living this? I should be. I need to be. These are powerful commands. As a part of the body of Christ, this is how I am called to live. We serve an awesome God. A faithful Lord. A loving Father. He sacrificed His son for us. I live because he died for me. If this is how I am called to live, then I pray I can and will.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment