Sunday, March 20, 2011

A girl's weekend...

This weekend was a girl's weekend....and such a fun one! Here's the thing, I took my camera everywhere I went, but forgot to pull it out...so I will post pictures when I get them from my sisters and other friends. Make sure to check back soon to see them!
The weekend started off with my mom and me, a.k.a. Thelma and Louise, driving to Atlanta, GA Thursday afternoon for my older sister's baby shower that was held on Saturday. We had a great drive, and I thoroughly enjoyed the time we had together to talk, share, plan, and catch up. And we made great time! We stayed the night with my grandparents, and then Friday morning headed over to my old neighborhood where I grew up as a young girl. Some of my favorite memories are from this neighborhood as I grew up with a close group of other families...but that's a whole 'nother story! The theme for Meredith's shower was "Cute as a Button", so everything was buttons! We spent the morning shopping, painting and decorating small wooden buttons (created with thanks to my husband Paul). The wooden buttons were then attached to ribbon and used as napkin rings. Thank you Ms. Jody for helping to paint them - you did great! Then, that afternoon we spent making a diaper cake, cooking, and preparing for the shower for the next morning. The diaper cake was so cute - and not very hard to make! Great idea, Bev! :)
Let me just say, Meredith is a beautiful, young, pregnant woman. She was glowing the whole weekend! The shower went so well, and everything was great. We served nut bars (which were the hit), two quiches, fresh fruit and yogurt, crackers and cheese, banana bread, and petite fours. Meredith opened her gifts, and we, the guests, started the baby pool - date, weight, and gender. I choose May 10, 8.2 lbs, and a girl! It was great to see some old friends, and to see my celebrate the upcoming birth of my future niece or nephew.
After the shower, I was fortunate enough to continue my girl's weekend and head out to Cummings, GA to visit a special friend from my Furman days. Jamie and I were on the same hall freshman year and have remained close friends ever since. She and her husband have a 7 month old baby boy, Aaron, who is beyond precious! I don't think spending time with Aaron eased my baby fever - it probably increased it! Jamie and I have a lot in common, and we always have a great time chatting, sharing stories and life together. God bless girlfriends.
It was a full weekend, but a great one. And one I needed. God brings people into our lives for a reason, and I am so blessed to have the family and friends that I do.

Pictures will be coming!

1 comment:

  1. Whitney,
    You guys did a GREAT job with the shower. Marjorie and I really enjoyed seeing you, Meredith (yes, she is a cutie!), Hanna, and your mother. We just wish we could see more of you. And you are right, the bars were a hit. I have not tried to make them, but I will. Thanks for the recipe.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete