Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just another Monday...and Tuesday



This past weekend was a great weekend. Paul and I were able to enjoy the weekend with little stress and some good quality hang out time. We went over to my parents' house Saturday night for dinner, which was Yumm-O as always. My mom is a great cook - I would like to think I've inherited her cooking talents. :) They also taught us a new game - Farkle!Played with dice. Lots of fun. Little strategy. And I lost by a LOT! Let's just say I will not be adding gambling in Las Vegas to my bucket list.
We have a show now! We started watching "The Event" yesterday. The show started last fall, but we were unable to watch it - we just heard about it from my sister. So we actually watched it on Hulu over the winter and got hooked. It just started back yesterday, and was really good! Both of our other shows ended last season - LOST and 24 - and we've missed having something to look forward to watching together. Monday nights at 9:00 on NBC. Check it out.


This week has started off interestingly. My kids already have spring fever, and we have 6 more weeks till spring break....a long 6 weeks. I think I may just have a permanent headache.

Last night was meatless Monday, and it was another success. I made another dish from Peas and Thank You (can you tell I really like her stuff?!). I made zucchini quinoa lasagna - vegetarian (no meat - the quinoa is the protein, although added black beans could be good too!), gluten free (sliced zucchini instead of pasta), and super good! And not hard to make at all. And the best part is the hubby liked it. I said it before, and I'll say it again, if you haven't tried quinoa, TRY IT!! I wanted to take a picture of mine, but unfortunately, it just didn't turn out pretty enough. So if you want to check out what it's supposed to look like, go to the recipe's website.

Today I am attempting to make homemade yogurt. Just an experiment. Paul and I are really trying to be healthier, and yogurt bought in stores is full of added sugars or sweeteners, and other "stuff" that you don't really need. By making it at home, I know it's real milk, only a little added sugar, and its a lot cheaper. All I had to buy was a half gallon of milk and that will make 8 cups of yogurt. Hopefully it will turn out yummy. I'll let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment