Friday, March 4, 2011

A Girl's Night Out


This past Christmas I got my mom tickets to "Girl's Night Out" - featuring Anita Renfroe and Mandisa. The show was last night, and it was GREAT! Anita Renfroe is laugh out loud funny and brought my mom and me to tears more than once. She remakes a lot of songs, which are hilarious. Like Faith Hill's "Just Breathe" she made into "Don't Breathe" (a song about waking up to your husband's nasty smelly breath!); she remade Josh Groban's "Your Raise Me Up" into a song dedicated to underwire bras; and Taylor Swift's "Love Story" in "Real Love Story" (about what real life fairy tales are about). And then Mandisa came on stage, and did a wonderful, touching concert. She has an incredible life story, and has over come some serious issues - and she stands strong on the love of the Lord and proclaims His majesty. Her testimony was a different kind of tear-jerker. Needlesstosay, my mom and I had a great time together. It's not too often that I get to go out on a date with my mom, and it was very special for the both of us.
I love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment