Sunday, March 27, 2011

MUSC visits

Evidently, just because my husband is a dentist doesn't mean I have perfect teeth. Now growing up, I was the one who didn't have any cavities. I probably didn't have my first cavity till high school. I didn't do anything extra special for my teeth - just brushed once a day. Well, that was then and this is now....a mouth, unfortunately, full of cavities. But as my mama says, there is always a silver lining. This past weekend, Paul and the other MUSC dental 4th years had their clinical board exams. Since I have a variety of readily available cavities, Paul and another friend of his were able to use me as a patient for boards (side note - they have to find their own board patients which is not an easy thing). That means for the past two weeks, I've probably seen a dentist more than in the past five years put together. I had to have x-rays, more x-rays, fillings to prepare for more fillings, and a lot of really big needles stuck in my mouth. And then this past Friday and Saturday morning, I had to be at MUSC at 6:15am for the board exam fillings. All in all, it really wasn't bad. Paul and the other student were both gentle, polite, and did a great job. I'm glad I could help them out!
It's really strange to think that Paul is finishing up his fourth, and final, year at MUSC! He has been working so hard for the past four years, and now he's about to graduate and be Dr. Reid! How cool is that!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sista! I'm glad your and their experience went well!

    ReplyDelete