Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A taste of Tuscany

The other day I decided to go through all of my recipes on my computer and delete some of the ones I knew I would no longer use because either they had ingredients I wouldn't use (like packaged and prepared things), or because I just knew it wouldn't be something I would realistically try. I have been "collecting" recipes for a long time and I had A LOT to go through! The good part was I deleted a lot. The even better part was I found some that I have decided to try. I've also started a special recipe binder that contains only recipes that I've tried and know are good and keepers! 
This is a recipe for one of those that I found on my computer. I honestly don't know where it came from, but it turned out really good!

Tuscan Dinner
serves 3-4
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 zucchini, chopped 
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed & drained
  • 1/2 tsp dried rosemary 
  • 1-2 cups chopped spinach
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • Parmesan cheese
Methods/steps
  1. Heat oil in skillet. Add zucchini and next 5 ingredients, sauté 10 min.
  2. Stir in tomato, beans, and rosemary, cook 5 min.
  3. Add spinach, salt, pepper to zucchini mixture. Cook until spinach wilts.
  4. Serve, and sprinkle cheese on top.
I served this with brown rice, and homemade whole wheat biscuits. It was a good, healthy meal. Oh - and I added some cooked sausage to Paul's - he still likes his meat. :)  

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking your great post to FAT TUESDAY. This was very interesting! Hope to see you next week!

    Be sure to visit RealFoodForager.com on Sunday for Sunday Snippets – your post from Fat Tuesday may be featured there!

    http://realfoodforager.com/2011/10/fat-tuesday-october-25-2011/

    If you have grain-free recipes please visit my Grain-Free Linky Carnival in support of my 28 day grain-free challenge! It will be open until November 2.

    http://realfoodforager.com/2011/10/grain-free-real-food-linky-carnival/

    ReplyDelete