Friday, October 21, 2011

A Gift

You ever have those days when you wake up and just feel crummy - not necessarily sick, but just like you don't really want to do anything or go anywhere or see anyone? I woke up like this this morning. I have to go into the CDC to work from 10-6, which was looming over head; but all I really wanted to do until then was stay in my pajamas and watch GLEE all morning and then probably trudge through work. I've been going through some personal things that are just bigger than I am, and it's been tough.
But then as I was writing in my daily journal, I realized a couple of things. (Actually, I think God was speaking loud and clear to me - I love it when He does that!) When I get down or insecure, my mom tells me "to remember what I know". So I figured I had two options:
1. I could give into this gloom and doom feeling, have a pity party morning and a pathetic day (I've done this before, it's actually not so fun). OR
2. I could remember what I know, which includes Psalm 118:24


I think I'll choose option 2.
Each and every day is a gift from the LORD. So if you ever have a rough day, remember what you know.


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment