Thursday, October 20, 2011

Banana Bread

I had some left over bananas this weekend, so I made Paul some banana bread. My mom has an amazing recipe that everyone loves, but I didn't have it, so I improvised a little and found this one, that actually was pretty good. I did tweak it a little, to "healthify" it, but again, it turned out good!

Banana Bread

2 cups flour (I used whole white wheat)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2-4 over ripe bananas
1 cup sugar (I used agave nectar)
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled (I found Cabot butter which only has cream as an ingredient!)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans, or chocolate chips (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan
  2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt
  3. Cut up half of the bananas into small pieces, set aside
  4. In a mixing bowl, whisk other bananas and sugar for 3 minutes to form a light and fluffy banana cream
  5. Add butter, eggs, and vanilla - beat well
  6. Add dry ingredients but do not over blend
  7. Fold in cut up bananas and pecans or chocolate chips
  8. Pour into pan and tap on counter to get bubbles out
  9. Bake for 45-60 minutes (toothpick test)
  10. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely
Serve warm with butter and honey! 


No comments:

Post a Comment