Sunday, October 30, 2011

100th Post!

YAH! This is my 100th post! 

Thank you to all my followers and readers. I know I haven't been very consistent with my entries recently, but I appreciate those of you who do read this and follow along regularly.

So I guess it's only fitting and appropriate that this post be about my wonderful family - and my sweet nephew, Henry! I spent the weekend in Nashville with my family. My parents had gone to Nashville on Wednesday to spend time with my sisters. They spent Thursday in Hanna's 1st grade classroom decorating rice krispy treats and carving pumpkins (they came to my class every year as well, and it was always a treat to have them!). And then spent Friday with Meredith and her family. Since I don't get to see them as much as I used to (we now live a few hundred miles apart instead of 20), I drove up to Nashville Friday night to see them and everyone else! It was a great weekend, but was of course, way too short.
Friday we were able to have dinner together, and hung out all night. And then Saturday I was able to spend some quality time with my sisters! Nothing beats shopping for great sales and then walking in the crisp fall afternoon!
I found these pants at Anthropologie (my favorite store!) and I got a khaki pair and a black pair.


And also this shirt!

Hanna and I also went to this amazing used book store. I could probably spend ALL day and way too much money there. They had so many books, and also DVDs (movies, tv shows, documentaries!) It was incredible. But I restrained - and vowed to return every time I'm in Nashville - and only bought a great new vegetarian cookbook, and also my all time favorite series, Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers.

probably the best vegetarian cookbook I own! 
LOVE LOVE LOVE these books! Read them if you haven't. 
And of course, pictures of my favorite nephew!! Henry is now 6 months old! He's the happiest little baby ever. He likes to talk and loves to laugh! I could play with him all day. :)  I love his big blue eyes! They're so gorgeous.

Henry and his proud Papa


I love you, Grammie!


It was a great weekend. I really value this time that I have to live closer to my sisters. Its only a three hour drive, and every minute is worth it. 

God Bless!




1 comment:

  1. I guess its been a while since I've read your blog... where have I been??! Love this post and love you! We need to come down to B'ham to see you soon!

    ps. will you send me copies of those pictures? I love the last one with the three of us.

    ReplyDelete