Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Updates

Sorry it's been a while for an update. Here are some things that have been happening.

1. My new garage sale find! Its an old bench, with "good bones" as the seller put it! I'm planning on sanding it, either painting or staining it, and also making a cushion seat for it. It may take a while before you see the "after" picture!

2. We had some new friends over for dinner this past weekend. They are a sweet couple from Paul's class. So for dessert I wanted to make popsicles. For July 4th, my mom got me this amazing popsicle maker called a ZOKU. You can make ANY type of popsicle you can think of - so I made peach! They were yumm-o! However, it took a while to figure out how to make them.

We did have finally have some that turned out, but we were so excited and wanted to try them, that we forgot to take a picture of them. Next time!!

3. I'm finally settling into a daily routine. Not working is not as fun as I thought it would be. I'm an active person. I like to be doing something, and not having a firm schedule like I've been used to for the past 4 years, has really thrown me. However, I've been really good about not watching TV all day, or mindlessly playing on my computer. My days may include exercising in the morning (either running, walking, or P90X), Bible and quiet time, working on "projects", reading, errands, house chores. I just started babysitting two days a week, which helps as well.

4. I've been reading Francine River's newest novels - Her Mother's Hope and Her Daughter's Dream. Both wonderful stories of mothers and daughters, and how God works in their lives.

5. God has really been teaching me to trust in Him and to find rest in Him. It's not always easy. I'm a control freak. I like to know what's going. But sometimes, I don't know everything and I can't know or do everything. But God does. He is in control. His love and grace are sufficient for me. 

Have a blessed day.
God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Just finished "Her Mother's Hope". Loved it!!! Now I'll have to read "Her Daughter's Dream".

    ReplyDelete