Saturday, July 30, 2011

Our Bench redo

A couple of weekends ago, I found a great bench at a yard sale. I knew it would take a while to redo and finish only because I've been traveling a lot recently. I went to Cleveland to visit family for five days, and then I went to Nashville to visit my sisters for three days. So I finally got around to finishing the bench, and I love how it turned out!


First, I sanded it down the best I could.

Then, I painted it with a white primer.

Then, I painted it black - which I really like. (oops...forgot to take a picture of it just black!)

Then, I had to build the seat! I bought some plywood, 2in foam, fabric, and a staple gun!! I'm loving all the new tools I've gotten since I started refinishing furniture! :)

I had to cut the foam to fit the wood, and then glue it down.

Then all I had to do was wrap the wood/foam with the fabric and staple it down.
While it's not perfect, I love how it turned out!


Our new bench is in the guest room, waiting for a visitor! 


 Now, On to the next project. I'm working on another little "happy" for my sweet nephew Henry!
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute and looks like you had a lot of fun doing it! We just got an unfinished wooden table/chairs for Anna Kate that I have to decide what do to with...hmmm...I may be asking you for tips!

    ReplyDelete