Monday, February 28, 2011

Dinner Success...

I like to try new things for dinner. Admittingly, sometimes they bomb. However, every once in a while, I'll actually make a good one - one that not only do I like, but Paul likes too!! Tonight happened to be one of those successful nights!
On the menu: Meatless (or almost meatless) Monday
Vegan quinoa stuffed peppers (Paul's had sausage), steamed green beans, croissant for Paul, Ezekiel Bread for Whit, and a side salad.

The quinoa stuffed pepper recipe I found at a great vegan blog, Peas and Thank You, that I now love! It's super cute and she's an excellent writer and cook. While I'm not a vegan, I don't eat a lot of dairy, so I like to get ideas from vegan blogs. And the recipes are easy to modify for my "non-vegetarian" husband. Here's the link to the recipe: Quinoa Stuffed Peppers . I added black beans, omitted the chili pepper, and you HAVE to make the guacamole to put on top! It adds so much goodness!! :)

For those who have never had quinoa (pronounced keen-wah), it's actually a seed, and is a powerhouse super food. Not only is a complete protein, but it's also gluten free, low in carbohydrates, and contains healthy fats, fiber, phosphorus, calcium, and is high in iron. What wouldn't you love about this stuff?! It's got a nutty taste to it, and can be served savory for dinner - like tonight with onions, peppers, etc., or sweet for breakfast with milk (I use Almond milk and love it!), fresh fruits and a little added natural sweetness (i.e. Stevia, unrefined sugar, honey, etc). Try it!


God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment