Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ahh!! 1 day and counting!











Last...August/September/sometime...I signed up with Team In Training to run the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon. I ran the Nashville Country Music Half Marathon in 2009, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to start running again, to meet new people, and to raise money for a good cause (in support for the LLS). Well, I did start running again, I met a couple new people, and I raised over $3,000 for the LLS. Other than that, honestly, I'll be glad when this is over. Training has been tough due to lack of time and energy - trust me, by 3:30 in the afternoon, after being up since 5:00am, and spending 7 hours with 20 very hyper and active 4 and 5 year olds, energy is at a low. So I really couldn't train like I wanted, and needed, to. I did what I could, when I could, relying mainly on my weekend long runs. And now, here I am, T-Minus 1 day till the race. And I'm...scared, anxious, nervous, ready, excited, ____ (insert other similar adjectives here)____. We, the SC team, are meeting at 5:00am Saturday morning for one last team meeting. And then Paul and I will walk over to the start line for the 6:30 start time. (On a side note, isn't my hubby wonderful to be getting up so early on a Saturday morning to see me off!!? Gotta love him!) Most likely, by the time y'all wake up Saturday morning, around 8:30 or 9:00, like most normal people in the country, I will have already run and completed my half marathon. And hopefully, I can take a breath of fresh air and accomplishment.
Please pray me through it - or at least Friday night before you go to bed. I am a little worried about running 13.1 miles. The most I've done is 12.6, which, granted, isn't that far off, but it was a struggle. Hopefully adrenaline, and the cheers of the crowd, and knowledge that Paul will be waiting for me at the finish line, will all get me through it. I'll post pictures and results when I can!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment