Friday, February 11, 2011

The start of something new

Welcome to our blog!

I wanted to start writing this blog for a number of reasons. I enjoy reading the blogs of friends and family, plus seeing their pictures; and I enjoy reading blogs on healthy cooking and fitness. So I thought I might give it a try. Plus, Paul and I are about to hit a "transitional" phase in our life as we get ready to move to Birmingham and then live there for a year. Hopefully this will be one way we can communicate and share what's going on.

When I decided to create this blog, I wanted to make sure I had the right title. I spent quite a bit of time creating titles, thinking about what I wanted it to be, what it would mean to me, you, and others. Finally I came up with "Dedicated". Simple, yet complex, and meaningful. So what are we dedicated to:
  1. The LORD - He is the author and giver of life, and our Savior
  2. Each other - we have been together since 2004, and married since 2008!!
  3. Family - we both come from strong, close families and no amount of distance will ever change that
  4. Healthy, nourishing eating - this is a work in progress as we've just started this diet, but I am dedicated to cooking real whole foods that are nourishing for my family
  5. Our interests - whether it's running, reading, time with friends, hunting, being outdoors, or baking, we both have things we love and enjoy
Thanks for being a part of our lives as we move forward. Hopefully this blog will be a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment