Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A few random thoughts...

1. I don't like "light up" shoes! My little girls have them, and they purposefully stomp around everywhere just to light them up. For example let's stomp: in the hallway (just in case the 5th graders on the other hall at the other end of the building couldn't hear us otherwise), on the learning carpet (instead of learning, let's watch my shoes light up), during nap time (anyone want a night light?), during centers (I want to jump and play, not sit and play).






2. My new favorite song: "This is the stuff" by Francesca Battistelli - this is so me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqdA8LHN7I







3. My new favorite snack: fresh ground peanut butter. Like literally, watch the peanuts being ground into peanut butter and enjoy! I've gotten in from Whole Foods and Boone Hall Plantation. Both are good, but Boone Hall's is AMAZING! Forget ice cream being my comfort food - bring on the peanut butter. It's different from store bought - even the natural kinds that are now available. It's coarse, it doesn't have any added sugars, so it isn't sweet, it's stickier, and just plain better! Some day, I'm going to try making my own in my food processor. I can't wait!



4. Jillian Michaels kicked my butt yesterday. Note to self - there is a big difference between physical endurance and physical fitness. Yes, I can run 13.1 miles in 2 hours without stopping. No, I cannot do a complete circuit set from her book that should take only 45 minutes. I did this 30 day challenge last year, and it worked. After 30 days I could tell I was physically stronger. That was last year. I'm starting ALL over again. YIKES!





5. Oh yeah - only 65 days left of school left! :)

God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. *I don't like light-up shoes either!
    *I love the song.
    *I've never had freshly ground pb...but I love pb.
    *You are so right - physical endurance and physical fitness are NOT the same!

    ReplyDelete