Saturday, March 31, 2012

A tourist in our own town

We've been here in Birmingham for a little over nine months. And it's been great! We have really come to love this city and all that is has offered us. It's big, but not too huge, and has quaint, small villages that have a variety of cute stores, tasty restaurants and other businesses.

However, we haven't seen everything or experienced all that Birmingham truly has to offer - the Botanical Gardens, the Zoo, all the restaurants, the antique stores, and of course all the shopping!

My parents are in town this weekend, so we thought this would be a good opportunity to do some of those touristy things. Yesterday morning we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was a perfect sunny, warm spring morning for walking through gardens (minus the screaming field trip kids).

I, of course, took my camera and practiced close ups of flowers. I wish I could tell you what each flower is, but I unfortunately have not started my botanical training yet. Some day, when I do have my own garden and green thumb, I hope to be able to tell you all about flowers because I really do love them.

And I really do want a big, colorful, bright, fragrant garden.














For dinner we tried a new restaurant, Avo, and loved it! It's a trendy California style restaurant in Mountain Brook Village. We split a plate of avocado dip with house fried chips, Paul had a Cali burger, I had a farro and roasted vegetable salad, my dad had a steak, and my mom had fish tacos. It was all SO good!

Tonight, we are cooking in. We're making pasta to make into ravioli. Can't wait!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment