Monday, April 2, 2012

Cooking and Reading

This weekend was great having my parents here.

Friday we shopped downtown Homewood, ate at Mama Goldbergs for lunch, and Avo for dinner, which was amazing!

Saturday we did a little more shopping, went for a nice long walk around the neighborhoods behind our apartments, hung around the apartment for a while, and then for dinner we made pasta! My parents were excited to see how to, and help, make pasta, which we then turned into ravioli. We made two kinds whole wheat ravioli - butternut squash with a maple cream sauce, and spinach goat cheese with a roasted tomato basil pesto. However, here's the thing - we made the pasta first, obviously. While we were getting the sauces ready, I realized something...we couldn't tell the two kinds of pasta a part. From the outside they really looked exactly the same. So how were we to know which sauce to use on which ravioli?!? We made some very educated guesses, and I think we actually all guessed right. Both turned out very good!

Rolling out the dough with my Dad.

Filling the ravioli. 

The result of not knowing which sauce to pour over the whole plate - just put a dap on top. It just looks funny, but was still very tasty! 

We went to church Sunday morning, which was incredible again. We are so blessed to be able to attend the Church at Brook Hills while we are here. Dr. Plate is an amazing pastor who preaches the Word and nothing else. We are studying the book of Matthew, and this week was the Passion narrative. It was a good message about understanding the cross and the true importance and significance is has as we prepare for Easter next week.

I also finished reading the first two Hunger Games books. Obviously they have gotten a lot of hype recently, and I finally decided to see for myself. I'll admit, they were good. Maybe not the best books I've ever read, but still page turning and an interesting plot line. I'm still on the waiting list for the 3rd book at the library.


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment