Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Wednesday

Yesterday was one of those days where everything that could possibly go wrong did - and then some! It seemed like around every corner I was being targeted with a "flaming arrow of the evil one" (Eph. 6:16), with some bad news on top of it all. It was hard to smile throughout the day and to play happily with the precious little children I take care of.

But the Lord is faithful and I felt His presence along the way as I went about my day.

It was the little boy asking for a hug and kiss before I left.

It was sweet emails and text messages with words of encouragement.

It was the ray of sun that hit my hand as I wrote in my journal.

It was my husbands loving arms welcoming home after a long day.

It was a vase of flowers waiting for me with a reaffirming note that I'm not alone.


It was God's Words whispered softly in my heart: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6)

Today has been better. I was able to to take Vance for a nice long walk in this gorgeous weather, which is always wonderful. The sun was out. The birds were singing. The trees and flowers are blooming.

He was a little tired after walking for an hour. 
I stopped by the library expecting to pick up one or two of the books I had reserved and ended up getting all five! I can't wait to read each of them. Although I think it may take me longer than the three weeks I have them. Thank goodness for on-line renewing.


And I had the sweetest orange ever for a snack. It was SO good! And didn't last long.


Happy Wednesday!

God Bless

1 comment: