Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Awesome God and Blueberry Muffins

I love Pandora and healthy recipes!

And they go so well together! I turn on Pandora on my IPad, turn the volume up probably too loud, and jam out while cooking or baking...it's the only way to be in the kitchen baking.

Today, I was listening to "Group One Crew" radio station - they're a Christian mix of pop, rock, and a little rap, which is awesome to listen to for great up-beat songs that can get you singing way too loud and dancing around while mixing a teaspoon of this and tablespoon of that. One of the songs that came on was "Awesome God". Now, I grew up singing this song. We sang it at all of the Christian summer camps I ever went to, and I loved Michael W. Smith's version. However, this wasn't the summer camp version. It's my new favorite song right now. If you can stand rap, and yes, there are Christian rap bands out there, this is a great song! It's called Anthem by R-Swift. Then I remembered this version by Rich Mullins, another one I grew up singing, which is a flash back to the 90s! And then there's the Kirk Franklin version, which I first heard live at a Christian Music Festival in high school - it just makes me smile while walking down memory lane.

Oh Kirk Franklin...there are no words.

While I was singing out to my God full voice, I was also making these blueberry muffins. My sister made them for us when we went to visit a few weeks ago, and I have been waiting for an opportunity to make them my self. My parents are coming to visit this weekend, so I thought I would whip up some muffins for breakfasts of snacks.


Blueberry Muffins

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup applesauce
  • 1 blended/mashed banana
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil and applesauce into a bowl; add the eggs, vanilla, blended bananas, and milk to fill the bowl. 
  3. Mix this with flour mixture. 
  4. Fold in blueberries. 
  5. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
  6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Very tasty! Thanks Mera for the recipe! 

God Bless

"Our God is an awesome God
He reigns from heaven above 
With wisdom, power, and love.
Our God is an AWESOME God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment