Friday, March 23, 2012

A Cajun Wedding

My childhood friend, Andrew, who has been like my brother growing up, got married last weekend in Baton Rouge. My sister, Meredith, and I decided to make a road trip out of it, so she and her baby, Henry, drove to Birmingham to pick me up and we drove over to BR. The drive was beautiful and was so easy. We drove through a lot of middle of no-where places, but got to see some beautiful landscape of Mississippi and Louisiana. Plus, we had six hours each way to talk and catch up and enjoy spending time with each other. Hanna had to work that day, so unfortunately she couldn't join us for the ride and she was greatly missed, but we were still able to catch up when we met up with her at the hotel.

 

My mom taught Henry how to say "yah" with his arms in the air! So every time we would say "yah, Henry!" he would hold his arms up! It was the cutest thing ever! 

As he is learning to make sounds and "talk", by making the "m" sound, he has learned how to make bubbles in his mouth! It's really funny, but so adorable. 

First time trying lemon at lunch on Saturday...he didn't like it too much. :) 

On Saturday before getting ready, we were able to walk around the city a bit. I had never been to Baton Rouge and although it was quiet in the city, it still looked like a neat city.
We walked to a pier and got to see the Mississippi River. This is also a view of the city from the pier. 

Looking down the Mississippi - made me think of Huckleberry Finn and Mark Twain. 

A proud Papa at the reception. 

The wedding cake. It was gorgeous and very tasty. 

Mrs. Overcarsh, Bev (my God-mother and also the mother of the groom), and my mom. 
 Mr. Overcarsh, my Dad, and Mr. Hutchinson (the father of the groom).

Me, Bev, Michael (grooms brother), and Hanna. Bev has always considered us her three daughters, and she has been like a second mom to us. Needlesstosay, Andrew and Michael are like our brothers!
 

Sadly enough, I did not get a picture of the groom and his beautiful bride. However, Kati looked absolutely stunning and I am so happy for the newly married couple. I pray their marriage will be full of wonderful life long years. 

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment