Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hard to believe it's 2012! Last year went by so fast, and the past 6 months have absolutely flown by! Our time here in Birmingham is already half over! In 6 more months, we will be moving (again), Paul will hopefully be starting a new job with a practice, and I will be...well, I don't know quite yet what I will be doing, but I know the Lord will guide me.
Last night we just stayed in to ring in the new year. Unfortunately, we are both starting to feel sick - Paul with a sore throat and me with a head cold, so we weren't really up for going out. We stopped by Whole Foods and picked up some of their prepared meals from the salad bar and the hot meal bar.

I got an "everything-but-the-kitchen-sink" salad - and I mean it had everything in it!! I love salad bars!

 Paul got a New York Strip (which he grilled here), some mac-n-cheese, creamed spinach and wheat rolls. 

And Vance got a pig ear - but he was more interested in our plates. He did get a bite of steak to celebrate the new year, though!

We watched the Auburn-Virginia bowl game, and then Carson Daly's New Year Celebration in New York. Someday, I would actually like to go to New York for New Years Eve! I think it's one of those things I would like to do just to say that I've done it. Maybe some day I will!

Happy New Years!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment