Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Patience

Patience is a virtue.

And a God given gift. Some of us have it. Some of us just don't.

I think I am one of those fortunate ones that does have it.

I work with preschoolers and younger for a profession. Patience is a requirement. Just ask the 10 screaming kids why.

There have been many times in my life when I've had to wait patiently on the Lord for answers to prayers. He has a perfect plan and a perfect time for everything and it may not align with my timing, but I know to wait for Him. Right now, for example. I'm waiting for a big answer to prayer. It's not easy to wait, but I find rest and peace in waiting for Him, knowing that His will is greater and better than mine.

Patience is also found in growing an avocado tree. At least one that produces fruit. This is my new project. Growing a fruitful avocado tree. Paul and I have recently discovered avocados and how AMAZING they are! We've been putting them on many dishes for dinner....so yummy! To grow the plant part takes a matter of months. Not much patience there, most plants take that long. The fruit, on the other hand, can take between 5-15 years to produce. YEARS. This will be a life-long project. But one I'm looking forward to!

Take an avocado seed, pierce it with a few toothpicks and suspend it over water. Not much to it so far.


We'll see how this goes. Call me in 10 years and maybe I'll have an avocado for you.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment