Monday, January 9, 2012

Cabin Weekend with friends

We are very fortunate to have made some wonderful new friends here in Birmingham. This past weekend we went to Brant and Brittany's hunting cabin with them, Kyle and Ashley, and Ellen. We had an amazing time. We were able to relax, cook and eat a lot of really good food, shoot some pistols, play games, and the boys even went hunting.

We left Friday evening after everyone was done with work, stopped at Chick-Fil-A for dinner, and then headed to the cabin.

This is the cabin! It was rustic and wonderful all at the same time. I got up early Saturday morning to watch the sun rise and take some pictures.



I also made this fire! My Daddy taught me well. 

Ellen made an amazing breakfast Saturday morning. Baked blueberry french toast, and sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole. 

Nothing like hunting cabin decorations - deer heads and a turkey watching over us all the time. 

This is the view from the front porch. There's a lake and a lot of fields. 

This tree was growing up out of the lake. Isn't it neat looking. 

Vance made a new buddy too! Brant and Brittany brought their new dog Cooper, a boxer, with them. And Vance and Cooper ran and played non-stop. 

Even when Vance had to be put in his crate, Cooper stayed close by. 

Friend's for life. 

Saturday afternoon we got to shoot a pistol. Brant made some targets for up, which we hung up in a tree, and then shot at. Here's Paul, set and ready. 

And here I am! This was the second time I shot a pistol - the first was freshman year in college when I went with my roommate to her family's farm and her Dad taught us how to shoot. I honestly don't like guns that much, and I'm kinda scared around them, but there is a little rush shooting one. And I did pretty well! I hit the target every time. 

We played teams. This was out target after we finished. We actually won! 

Ellen, Me, and Ashley - Charlie's Angels style. 

Paul, Brant, and Kyle - James Bond style. 

The boys got to go hunting Saturday morning and afternoon, and Sunday morning.
 Paul, Kyle, and Brant - all dressed and ready to go hunting. They didn't shoot anything, but they had fun. 

This game was on the center table in the living room. It's kind of like the golf tee game at Cracker Barrel, you jump over one marble at a time and try to get down to only one marble. I was able to get down to two after many attempts. I had to take a picture to prove it.

Vance was so worn out! He and Cooper played and ran all weekend. He had an absolute ball. But he was so tired on the way home, and fell asleep in the backseat with me. 

We had a great time. It was fun to be able to get away for a weekend and just relax. We are so blessed to have made such wonderful friends.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment