Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Family Fun

My family loves spending time together doing whatever we can - shopping, cooking, eating around the table together and then sitting for 30 more minutes just talking, playing games, playing cards, or watching movies to name just a few of things we enjoy.

This past weekend while we were there, while I loved doing all of the aforementioned things with them, I think my favorite times were around the table and playing games. We ate really well (thanks to the wonderful cooks in the family!) and we also played some really fun games.

Corn hole - my dad actually made these boards! They're red and blue with the Palmetto and Moon on them. 

Scrabble! My mom and I played a game over breakfast before I had to leave Wednesday morning. It was a  lot of fun, and we had a great board!

This was our new game for the weekend - Hanna introduced us to Settlers of Catan. It's an interesting game, with a lot of instructions, but very fun! We played twice, and I think I finally got it by the end of the 2nd game. 

Of course we played cards. I don't think my family can get together without playing one game of cards - we grew up playing Hearts, Wizard (Oh Heck), Nerntz, sometimes poker, and other games. Saturday night we played Wizard, which is always a good one!

I love playing games. It's a good opportunity to sit with family and enjoy each other - to talk, to compete, to help, to interact, and to have fun. 

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment