Sunday, June 5, 2011

In the words of my sister...

Go big or go Home...

On Tuesday, I was all set ready to go to the salon. I had my inspiration pictures of cuts I liked, and was ready. My mom and I drove out to the salon and.... it was CLOSED! Big let down! So then I had to hype myself up all over again for Friday. But for some reason this time I was more nervous about it. The extra few days to think about how short or not short I wanted to cut my hair took their toll on me and I started over thinking it all. When I finally met the young lady who was going to cut my hair (yes... as in meet for the first time) I told her what I was thinking - Locks of Love, stacking, thin hair, heart shaped face - and asked her opinion. She helped me figure out what would work with my type of hair, and then the big decision - how short!? Locks of Love requires 10 inches, which would be short! Well you know what...I can add , and scratch off, this to my "Bucket List". I donated the back portion of my hair - all 10 inches - to Locks of Love.
My wonderful mother came with me and took some pictures to document it all for me. The before pictures are actually from Tuesday and the after pictures are from Friday.

Before - I can see more clearly now how long it was...wow!

Yah - it was looking straggly and not very clean cut.

This is the "big cut" - 2 small ponytails each measuring 10 inches!

It's SHORT! But I think I like it!

You can kinda see it's stacked a little in the back. Thank you to all who voted and helped me make my decision. I took it all into consideration. The only thing I won't be able to do is pull it up in a pony tail - which I debate about for a long time. But I know there are running head bands out there that I can use to hold it all back.

God bless!



4 comments: