Thursday, June 23, 2011

Book Shelf

I love reading, and right now I'm reading some really good books. If you need something to read check these out.
1. King's Cross by Timothy Keller. I'm reading this as part of my quiet time each morning. It's a commentary going through the book of Mark and explaining the life of Jesus, first as King, and then after the cross. It's an amazing book that has really taught me a lot about Jesus and his life on Earth. I would highly recommend it.

2. Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. This is a short daily devotional book that speaks volumes. It's written from the prospective of Jesus, so it's like Jesus is speaking to you each day with something He wants you to know. And each day it's like Jesus is speaking to me and knows what I need to hear.

3. The Potluck Club by Linda Evans Shepherd and Eva Marie Everson. This is my fun book right now, and it's great! It's about the lives of an exclusive pot luck prayer group of women. It's been a fun, light read for the summer. Plus, it's a series, so I've got my next two books already planned out!

God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation of the first book. I'm going to have to look into it!!! I have the second one and really like it!! The third one I read and enjoyed...I'm not much of a "chick lit" type of reader but I really enjoyed it! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete