Monday, June 20, 2011

a couple simple projects

During the school year I'm waiting for summer so I can have all day free to do whatever I want. Now, I have all day to do whatever I want, and low and behold, I miss my structured school days. I'm having to learn to be content in whatever situation I'm in, and to use my time wisely and to it's fullest. Like...no TV or aimless computer browsing during the day; going for walks; having my quiet times; reading; trying to be crafty. And sometime this week I do plan on going out around town and looking for a job. Hopefully that will help with the structure I need.
With that being said, I had a few easy projects I wanted to do last week. Two of them are done, which I can share! One is in progress, and a couple other ones I still need to get supplies for. Nothing big or drastic, just for fun! :)

1. White canisters: I used black paint and letter stickers to label them.

2. A Parking Change Can: Since we live so close to downtown, we'll to be going more often to eat, walk around, shop, etc. And we have to pay at the meters every time (luckily, a quarter can you at least an hour, if not more some places!). So I decided to make a "parking change can" to collect our loose change. I started with an empty oatmeal container, scrapbook paper, letter stickers, mod podge, and some ribbon, and wa-la, a pretty can!


Happy Monday!
God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment