Sunday, May 29, 2011

busy bees...

With school wrapping up, moving to another city, and trying to enjoy the first days of summer, Paul and I actually have a lot coming up the next three weeks.

May 30 - Celebrating Memorial Day with our families
May 31 - I'm getting my hair cut (still debating over the new length!)
June 1 - 4 year old Class party at school
June 2 - 4 year old Graduation Celebration
June 3 - last day of school!! (also moving out of classroom completely)
June 4 - traveling to Denver and back for a family meeting
June 6-8 - Celebrating our 3rd anniversary on Amelia Island
June 10 - getting the carpets cleaned (gotta be out of the condo, plus have stuff moved out of bedroom so it can be cleaned)
June 13 - packing up the moving truck and driving to Greenville, and then packing up storage unit things
June 14 - driving to Birmingham
June 15 - unpacking in the apartment!

Wow - I didn't actually realize how much we had to do in such a short time till I just created this!
I've still got mixed emotions about moving. While I'm looking forward to spending a year in Birmingham and basically starting over and fresh, I have really loved living in Charleston, and this will always be one of my most favorite cities. I've made some wonderful friendships over the past three years, and I don't want to leave those. Plus, I'm a little bit of a homebody, and it's been great having my parents down the road. For six years I lived over 600 miles from them, and it was tough. For the past three, they've been so close, and it's been wonderful. Now, we'll be back to almost 500 miles (not going to cry, not going to cry...).
I guess it's time to grow up and really be on our own.....

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment