Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cooper River Bridge Run


5 years ago, I came to Charleston with my boyfriend and his family to run the Cooper River Bridge. It was the first year for the new bridge, and I had just started running. We ended up finishing in 72 minutes. This year, I ran the run by myself, not counting the other 34,689 people on the bridge, but had my husband's cheers from the sidelines. I was able to run it in 60 minutes even! Not bad considering I've only run two other times since the half marathon 6 weeks ago.


Here are some more images...can you find me?! It was hard to run with all those people...you have to look for "worm holes" to squeak through without bumping into someone else, or running too close in front of someone.
No matter where we end up in the future, I would really like to keep coming back to Charleston every year to run this race. It's just something fun, and exciting, it's really not that long of a distance, so it wouldn't require a lot of training for.

No comments:

Post a Comment