Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby Reid

Baby Reid will be 18 weeks tomorrow!!

I haven't been very good about taking pictures each week showing her/his growth (and mine), but until recently, there really wasn't much to show. I have just started to look like I'm pregnant (and not that I just ate too much for the past couple of days!), and will hopefully do better taking pictures to show the progress.

Here are few fun things about my first pregnancy:

  • I had morning all day sickness the first trimester. Fortunately the worst weeks were over Christmas break when I could just lay on the couch all day and not have to worry about 20 5 year olds!
  • I am finally back to eating normally, and with a full appetite for sure!. For a while absolutely nothing looking appealing to eat and I had food aversions to everything! I'm still following my vegetarian diet, and have to be even more mindful about my protein intake, but it's doable. I still can't drink milk (dairy or non-dairy), eat certain vegetables, which is strange because I love both! 
  • I'm still exhausted by the end of the day. I come home from school and crash on the couch. No naps, just rest, and maybe a streamed episode of Dawson's Creek... guilty pleasure for sure. No I'm not embarrassed to admit it!
  • My body is already preparing me for a newborn! A.K.A. - It's a good night when I can get 5 hours of sleep. For some reason I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep. I usually, get a small snack, go upstairs, check Facebook, Pinterest, and Consumer Reports for baby ideas. At least it's working - I'm getting more used to less sleep. (For those of you who don't know, I'm used to getting 8-9 hours of sleep every night, no joke)
  • I'm officially into maternity pants! Let me just say - SO comfortable!! I fought getting maternity pants as long as I could. I used a rubber band to hold the buttons, I used a belly belt thing, I just wore long cammies and shirts over unbuttoned pants - but no so luck any more. I think I may have one pair of jeans and one pair of khakis that fit this week, but probably won't next week! It's really weird how clothes will fit one week and not the next!
  • My sister-in-law, Anna, gave us a basket of books for Christmas. There's one book for every month leading up to August, and we love opening one at the beginning of the month. These are the four we've opened so far. Each one comes with a Bible verse about children as well. It was a very thoughtful and sweet gift!

  • We're starting to plan the nursery! I've actually been pinning ideas on Pinterest since before even getting pregnant, but now I'm really thinking about what we want, and where to put things, colors, accessories, etc. The nursery will be gray and white, with yellow accents. And my dad is designing and building the crib and the rocking chair!! I'm SO excited!! 
And finally - some pictures! 



1 comment:

  1. Loved the update! So glad you are feeling a bit better! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery...it will be beautiful. Do you have an ultrasound scheduled yet?

    ReplyDelete