Monday, March 18, 2013

A busy weekend

This weekend was crazy busy, but lots of fun!

Friday we had the day off from school, which was so nice! I was actually able to sleep in a little, and enjoyed a relaxing morning. Then I was off to volunteer at Spartanburg's Switcharoo Consignment sale. The sale was open to the public Friday-Sunday, but on Wednesday, volunteers got to go shopping first and get the best pick of items, so I went to look and even purchase a few things. This was my first real introduction to consignment sales - and let me say - it was amazing! This is a well oiled machine that required a lot of planning, organization, volunteers, and workers. There's a sale in Greenville and Spartanburg in the Spring and the Fall, and I can't wait till the fall sale! It was hard to shop for the baby not knowing it's gender.


Saturday was a wonderful day. It began with a kitchen shower for my future sister in law, Holly. She is a beautiful young woman, full of life and energy, and I can't wait for to officially be apart of the family! She, and Scott, got a lot of great things for their kitchen! I didn't get a great picture, but the lady who hosted gave her an apron (for cooking), pearls (every house wife evidently wears them cooking and cleaning), rubber gloves, a duster, and in all seriousness, a Bible with her and Scott's names engraved on it with their wedding date. It was very sweet.

We were in Fort Lawn, which is near Charlotte, and we obviously couldn't go all the way to Charlotte without visiting Ikea and the Container Store. We found a bookshelf and baskets for the nursery at Ikea, and a few other things for the house. That store is crazy!! We also found a few things at the Container Store. Lots of shopping, lots of fun! But a long day.


Sunday was a good morning at church, and then a relaxing afternoon at home on the couches.
However, Sunday evening I volunteered to help clean up and sort Switcharoo. I didn't know what I was getting myself into!

First we had to take all of the clothes that were not bought off the racks and sort them into broad numerical groups according to their consigner number. 

These are some of the tables with the stacks and stacks clothes left over. And there were probably at least 20 tables just like this one. 

Then all the clothes on the tables had to be sorted by specific consigner number. Cards were put on the floor, ready to receive whatever was left over! And this is not even half of the cards! 

I stayed and helped for 2 hours, and they weren't anywhere near being half way done. But it was fun to help and to see how things like this work. 

And now, I'm just counting down the days till Spring Break - T-minus 10 days!! 

God Bless








No comments:

Post a Comment