Saturday, August 29, 2015

Foster Scott

I know I'm late with this post, but we welcomed Foster Scott into our family on July 27, 2015. He has been a wonderful baby so far, and brought so much joy to all of us.

The quick story:
His due date was Friday, the 24th. The day came and went, no contractions (that I could feel), and we kept going on with our daily lives!

I went to the doctor on Monday for my weekly exam, and she said I was already 5-6cm and that we needed to go straight to the hospital unless I wanted to have him at home!

Last baby bump photo!
We got to the hospital around 3:30, they got me admitted, and gave one dose of antibiotics I had to have, then broke my water around 4:00. My doctor said he would be back at 6:00 to check my progress. I asked if he had any idea how long it would take, and he said we should have a baby probably by 9:00. My goal was to try to have a medicinal free labor and delivery, but 5 hours seemed quite far away! I was praying it would go quicker.
Contractions finally started picking up and by 5:40, I was in real pain and knew the doctor wouldn't be back to check me for another 20 minutes. Paul was a wonderful support and encourager, and kept telling me I could do it. A few minutes later, we were talking about an epidural, but I knew I was already in transition and it was too late. Then it got really bad, and he said "12 more minutes, Whit. You can do 12 of anything!" (a line he learned at CrossFit!). Well, literally the next contraction and I could tell it was time! Paul ran to get the nurse, she confirmed that he was coming, then ran out the door to get the doctor. I had to force myself and struggled to get back into the bed, and almost started pushing without the doctor! He was ready to come! Two contractions later, and Foster was born at 5:56pm. It was amazing. We were finally holding our second sweet baby boy.
He weighed in at 9 pound, 2 ounces, and was 22 inches long! And just as beautiful as could be.
Not to mention, he looked just like Hudson when he was born! Hudson is on the left, Foster is on the right.
Hudson was very excited to come see his baby brother, and did so well meeting him. He liked finding his toes, and fingers, and was even able to hold him for a little bit. Hudson will be such a good big brother - he proved that right from the start!
Reid family, party of four!
It was a whirlwind of labor and delivery, but we made it, and now we are holding our precious baby boy and so in love!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment