Monday, September 14, 2015

One month...

... a little late.

Foster was one month... a couple of weeks ago. Sorry! It's a little harder to blog on a "regular" basis than I thought it would be.

However, I do want to keep some record and updates of this sweet little boy just like I did with his brother.

Retrospectively speaking, Foster has been a wonderful baby. He sleeps well, as well as any new born, is very attentive when he is awake, and likes to cuddle. He prefers being up right as opposed to cradled, but does enjoy being rocked. He hates being swaddled, but obviously still needs it, and sleeps better when his arms are tightly wrapped by his side. I'm hoping he will eventually just get used to it until its time to give it up. I don't give him a pacifier much, only when he's fussy, because I don't want him to become dependent on it, and so far, he's doing ok without it. He does not like baths! So basically, I just wipe him down with a warm wash cloth and a little soap. Again, I hope he learns to enjoy bath time - we have a lot of fun splish-splashing at this house! Hudson is doing great with him. He loves to hold him in his lap, rub his belly and head, and give him kisses. He really is a great big brother just like we knew he would be.

This has been a whirlwind of a month, but we survived, and each day we are getting more and more settled into our new normal. I've been waiting a long time for this role as a stay at home mom, and while it's harder and more challenging than anything I've ever done, it's also the most rewarding and brings more joy (and honestly sometimes tears) that I could have ever imagined. My prayer every day is that I can raise these sweet boys for God's glory and that I can be His light shining onto them.




God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment