Monday, June 9, 2014

Ten Things We're Loving Right Now

As Hudson grows and changes and develops, his likes, wants, and needs also change, and rightly so! We're trying a lot of new things, whether toys, foods, or activities. Here's just fun, quick list of 10 things we're enjoying right now, in no particular order.

1. These cheese crackers. I've mentioned before that I'm trying to keep Hudson's meals as unprocessed as possible, so I've been pinning a lot of recipes for me to make for him to keep expanding his food palate. He loved these crackers! They aren't hard to make, but I cut them up really small (bite size for Hudson) before baking them, so that was a little time consuming.
2. waffles. These are great because they are "baby friendly" (no allergen ingredients), and they can be made into waffles or pancakes. I'll make a batch on Sunday, and let him eat them throughout the rest of the week for various meals.

3. Homemade hummus. I don't really have a recipe for this, I just kind of throw the ingredients into the blender and whatever I think it needs - we call this a "Bob Ross Recipe" in my family (you want some more lemon juice, add some lemon juice. You want some parmesan cheese, add parmesan cheese). I generally use one can of garbanzo beans, ~1-2tbsp of EVOO, some salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. I blend it all together for a little bit, taste and adjust, and usually add a little water to make it smoother. Hudson loves it! I put it on some bread and vegetables, and he's good!

4. Zoli gummy sticks. He loves these! They're good for teething, and easy to hold. And since he just cut his two front lower teeth, they've been great! I just keep one with me no matter what, where ever I go!
This is an older picture but it has the Zoli in it (he doesn't sit in his bouncy anymore!)
5. Oball Car. This little car is great! He loves to hold on to the top and drive it around the kitchen, the house, wherever! He can grasp the top easily and move it just as he wants, often times simply back and forth, back and forth, back and forth!
6. These Munchin Sippy Cups. We love these for a number of reasons. One, they are easy for Hudson to hold on to. He can easily grip the handles and hold it himself. Two, they have a soil proof valve (which is good when your baby wants to bang it against his tray or drop it on the floor). Three, the mouth piece is rubber and is good for baby to chew on when he's teething!
7. These Fisher Price Stack and Roll Cups. Hudson loves knocking these over! I can barely get them stacked before he's come over and pulling them down. He just laughs and laughs! I'm sure this little game will get him in trouble at school when he knocks down all the other kids' towers, but oh well! We're enjoying it here at home! :)
8. Water bottles. He's always enjoyed just playing with water bottles for some reason. Still does. Leave a water in it, and he shakes it and watches the water move in the bottle. He's very observant.
9. Splish splash time! He loves being in water! I think we'll have a little fish. Whether it's in the bath tub or in a baby pool at Grammy's house, he loves being in water! We're going to the beach next week with the Manning family, so I'm excited to see how he'll do in a big pool and in the ocean. We bought him a float with a canopy that he can sit in and kick in while in the water.
10. Walking with his walkers. He loves being up and walking, as long as it's with the walker. If we try to stand him up by himself and entice him to walk on his own, he doesn't like it! But I really think once he learns how much quicker he can get around by walking rather than crawling, I'm going to be getting my daily 10,000 steps by lunch time! He's going to be off, and I'll be right behind him!


Needlesstosay, we're having a great summer and playing all the time!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment