Monday, June 3, 2013

And now it's summer

Well not officially, but for me IT IS!!

Friday was our last day with the kids, and today was a work day, so now I am DONE! In all honesty, it's been my best year yet. I'm at a great school, with wonderful children, and I'm working with a lady that I respect and enjoy being with. While I'm glad to be done for the summer, I will actually miss school for the first time, I think. As of right now, next year I will continue to be a K5 assistant with the same teacher, which is fine with me. And I'll be going back after 8 weeks of maternity leave. So if Baby Reid comes on his due date, I'll be going back October 3 - so I actually have summer plus two months!

Speaking of Baby Reid!! He is doing great, getting big, and kicking/hitting a lot! It's still the weirdest strangest sweetest thing I've ever felt! At first, I didn't really know what it was I was waiting to feel, but now - there's no mistaking it! He's very active, and makes his bi-daily kick count easily! I will be 31 weeks on Wednesday, and as far as we know, we're still expecting an August 7th arrival. We actually just had the 3D ultra sound, and it was pretty cool!



We're thinking he'll have a Manning nose and long, thin Reid legs. Basically a good combination of both Mom and Dad!

We're working on the nursery - finally. Paul and I were able to paint and start putting together the closet, and we've started prepping the nursery to be painted. Paul filled in all the holes and cracks, and we painted the trim and all the doors. His parents have offered to help paint the walls, and my parents have offered to help with the chair rail and design. My dad is building the crib and the rocking chair! I couldn't be more thrilled. :)
(This is his website in case anyone is interested http://www.gfmwoodworks.com)

This is the closet. (In the nursery, we'll use the same gray for the upper portion, the bottom portion will be white.) The hanging shelf came from LOWES, which Paul put together. The bookcase came from IKEA, but we'll use it with baskets for extra storage. And the piece above it Paul built and put together to hang whatever- bags, coats, etc.


This will actually be the first summer I haven't worked since probably high-school. I've always had a summer job either as a nanny or one summer I worked retail. I'm looking forward to it! I don't have a big, set summer to do list because most of it will probably be focused on getting ready for baby and getting though enjoying 3rd trimester. But here are a few things I know I will be doing (hopefully!)

1. Walking every morning with Vance - we both need the exercise and outdoor time!

2. DIY nursery projects, such as:

Closet clothes dividers. source

 
Car seat cover. source

Fabric decorations, but for a boy obviously. Can't decide if I like the circles or squares better. 

3. READ! I want to read a mix of fun-gotta-finish-right-now-fiction books, and informational books in preparation for baby. Right now I'm readying The Happiest Baby on the Block, and there are others that my sister and friends have recommended that I'll be getting from the library.

4. Enjoy the time Paul and I get together before our family grows (which we are still very excited about). We'll be going to Charleston hopefully over July 4th to visit my parents and Scott and Holly since they just moved down there! It will probably be my last trip before being "grounded". We'll also be going down to the lake every once in a while. The Reid's house is finally under construction, so we're very excited for them. But the dock is still available to use! So maybe we'll be able to go and lay out on the dock a few times. Well, I'll hang out on the dock. This is Paul's version of literally hanging out on the dock - he's in there somewhere! :)


5. Work in the yard a little. I'm in charge of keeping the bushes trimmed back and looking clean cut. Something I can handle! Our hydrangea is finally blooming and I can't wait till we see full flowers!! 

6. REST! 'nuff said. 

Love to all!!
God Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment