Wednesday, September 12, 2012

New feature

As you may have noticed, I've changed the design layout of my blog. I wanted the pictures to be bigger, so I found this template that would allow for that.

However, it isn't quite as easy to navigate around. So let me point out a few things for you -

1. On the right hand side of the page there are three "hidden" tabs. All you have to do is scroll over them and they magically appear.

  • the first one (that looks like note book paper with three holes) is my Blog List - or the blogs that I like to read and follow - friends, family, random blogs that I enjoy. 
  • the second one (it looks like a file folder cabinet) is my Blog Archive - you can click on this and look up any previous blog by date
  • the third one (this one looks like sound waves) is the coolest and the new feature I want to mention. Click on this one, and then where it says "subscribe via email", if you enter your email address, every time I post something it will come to in an email! How cool is that!? You'll always know about a new post! 
2. On the pink line at the top of the page it says "home" and "recipes". If you click on recipes, a new page will come up, and these are the recipes that I have tried and loved and wanted to share. Click on one and it will take you directly to that page. Then just click on home, and it will take you right back to the home page. I'm thinking about adding a DIY page - so check back soon for that!

3. Another thing on that pink line/bar - it says "classic". If you simple scroll over it, a bunch of other words pop down. These are just different ways to view the blog. Just something different and neat. 

Please let me know if this is at all confusing or if you subscribe and it doesn't work! My goal and purpose for this blog has always been communication with my family and friends! I want to share my life with y'all as we continue to move through various stages in our life, and since most of you live in other cities and states, this is the best way for me to welcome you into my home and life! 

And always feel free to comment or send me messages. I love hearing from you!!

God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment