Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Celebrating my Mom

My AMAZING mother is celebrating her birthday this week!
This past weekend we went to the North Carolina Mountains to celebrate as a family. My Dad has been planning this surprise get-away for her for close to a year now, and we have all been excitedly awaiting for the weekend. Needlesstosay, it exceeded any of our expectations and dreams - especially my moms. She was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the weekend with all her kids and her grandson.

We stayed at Fox Hollow on Lake Glenview. It was a gorgeous "log cabin" that had beautiful views of the mountains and the lake. 

 The front of the house.
 The back of the house with two levels of porches, a fire pit, and lots of stairs that led down to the lake.We spent a lot of time out on the porches - drinking coffee in the morning, eating lunch, playing games, reading.

Glenlake was gorgeous. It wasn't really big or crowded, which was actually really nice. 


Paul and I got up early one morning and watched the sun rise over the mountains. It was God's beauty shining through.
The pontoon boat! We took a couple boat rides, but the water was too cold to actually get in. 
 A trip to the mountains wouldn't be complete without a hike! The weather was perfect, and the roads/trails were just right.
Meredith made some cookies for my mom - "Vintage 1952". Hanna made some Rice-Krispie treats.
 I would say elegant and classy more than vintage, for sure!
 Henry was adorable all weekend! I can't believe how big he is getting! And so full of life and character! He loves to laugh and loves making other people laugh too!
 Birthday dinner, complements of Chef Hanna! Baked vegetable and chicken enchiladas, homemade guacamole, and Saffron yellow rice with black beans. All so yummy!!
 Henry was wearing his Carhardt overalls from Uncle Paul!! They were perfect for climbing rock steps and playing in the grass.
 Boat Ride!!
 

 David was at the wheel.

 Too cool, little man, too cool.
 Family photo shoot.
 

Sisters!
Isn't she lovely!? My mom was glowing for her birthday celebration. 
Full family photo. I thank God everyday for the blessings these people are in my life. I treasure every moment we spend together.
 Mom's favorite - Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
 And Sunday morning Hanna made Monkey bread!!What a way to finish the weekend!
All in all,it was a very memorable and special weekend. One that I will always hold close to my heart. My mom is more than a mother - she's my best friend, my support, my confidant. She has always encouraged me and uplifted me. And I will always love her WAY past Pluto.

LOVE YOU, MOM!!

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment