Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Memorial Day!
Tomorrow we honor all the men and women who have fought for country. But we will especially remember those who lost their lives so that we can live in freedom. I am so grateful for the all of the men and women who have served and sacrificed - including my paternal grandfather and both of Paul's grandfathers. I am so fortunate that God protected them as they served, whether here in the US or overseas. Thank you. I love you!

This weekend has been a good one for Paul and me. Yesterday morning we just hung out at home, which was actually a nice change of pace for us - it seems like most weekends as of recent we have been gone or will be gone.

Then we went to see The Avengers - which was really good!


I'll be honest - I knew who Thor, the Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America were. But I had no idea who the other guys were, or what the story plot was. I was a little more interested in Barbies than super heroes growing up. However, it was still a great movie, and HYSTERICAL! I didn't know there would be so much comedy in it. Go see it!

We then went to Mudtown for dinner. We're trying to explore and experience as much of Birmingham as we can before we leave and this hole-in-the-wall place got good reviews. Well deserved too! It was very good. Paul got a burger (big surprise!), and I got vegetarian jerk lettuce wraps. Excellent all around.


Today, after church, grocery shopping, and resting a little (a.k.a. vegging out in front of the TV watching episodes of Supernanny so I can learn a few tricks), Paul needed to go in to the hospital to get some work done. So I thought I would take advantage of the time to do a little more packing. As mentioned before, we are moving soon - as in 5 WEEKS!! Oh my goodness....just breathe....so much to do and figure out....

Anyway - here's what I've done so far.

I had been working in the back room for a few days. These are the boxes that we didn't unpack all the way initially. We kinda sifted through them when we got here and took out what we needed and then left the rest packed up. I unloaded all of them, went through all of the stuff, and then repacked and sealed them.


These are all of the new boxes of stuff. It may not look like a lot, but it took a lot of time, a lot of packing paper, a lot of tape, and a lot of organizing. It's more than it looks like - trust me.



This time around, packing has not been that bad. Since I started a few weeks ago, and I've been doing a little along the way as I can, when I can, what I can, it really hasn't been daunting or overwhelming. I think I'm getting really close to that point where I can't do much more until a few days before we actually move. The bookshelves are empty. The closets and dressers are thinned out. The kitchen cabinets are much more bare. But for some reason it just feels like a lot less this time.....

So now the only thing left to do is find a place to unpack it all!

Have a great week.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment