Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A long overdue update...

I have had plans and ideas for posts going through my mind since my last post - almost a month ago!! However, do to technical difficulties (aka I exceeded my limit for pictures, not really sure how), I have been unable to put anything up. But here's the good news - I think I figured out how to remedy that slight problem and will now give a quick update of what has been going on over the past month!

1. We spent a wonderful weekend touring North East Alabama with some friends from UAB! 

We stopped by Trade Day in Collinsville and saw everything and anything for sale. It was awesome!


We also visited two different water falls. The Desoto falls were my favorite! 


We are so blessed by the friends we have made here in Birmingham. Before we moved here I was rather anxious about meeting new people and not making any friends. However, God certainly knew my heart and brought some amazing people into our lives. I know we have made some wonderful life-long friends this year. 

 2. I started going to a bootcamp at 6:30 three mornings a week! It's been great. I initially bought a two week pass on Living Social (kinda like Groupon) and will hopefully be able to continue going. Summer is quickly approaching... enough said. 
3. I spent an entire week in Charleston with my parents, which was simply wonderful. We were able to play, shop, bake, rest, and build the whole week. I found a picture on Pinterest of a coffee table made with an old window frame and sent it to my Dad. Amazing as he is - he was able to come up with a design and helped me build it! He has quite the wood work shop in the garage and I got to use some of his tools to build it. It was SO MUCH FUN!! I got the window frame from my apartment, we bought the wood from Lowes, and then had at it. I cut, templated, sanded, stained, and painted! It was pretty much just awesome and it was a great time working with my Dad. He has a true gift for his craft and I was blessed to get to work with him.




4. And finally - we celebrated my adorable nephew's first birthday this past weekend! I cannot believe Henry is already one years old! He is the cutest and sweetest baby I have ever met! I had a blast baking, decorating, and cooking with my sisters and my mom. Henry had a "Curious George" themed party - very appropriate because now that he is close to walking, he is curious about everything and will get into just about anything!
The birthday boy!!

We baked, cut out, and iced (all from scratch mind you) close to 80 sugar cookies - all H's and 1's. It took all morning, but was so worth it! They were delicious! These were then bagged and tagged and used for the party favors. 

A picture time-line of Henry's 1st year going around the fire place that stands in the middle of the house.

Banana Cupcakes with honey cinnamon icing, and chocolate cupcakes with fondant monkies on them. 

Henry with all his proud grandparents. 

Meredith and David with their son! This was Henry's smash cake! 

Waiting to open presents. He got some really cute outfits and toys. And my dad made him a whole chest full of blocks! 

It's been a busy month - but it's going to be a busy 7 weeks until we leave. It's hard to believe that we have less than 2 months left here in Birmingham! This year has flown by. 

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment