Sunday, November 13, 2011

a lazy Sunday and brownies

I think I have spent the majority of the day on the couch reading! I started The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers, and have finished the first book, and am now onto the second. I CANNOT put it down!


The first time I read these, I only read the first two, but this time I'm anxious to read the 3rd. I would highly recommend this trilogy to anyone and everyone!

This will be a pretty normal week for Paul and me. I'm working a lot, filling in extra hours for one of the families I babysit for. Paul will be done with being on call tomorrow. He actually just got called in for a consult. Hopefully it won't be too long.

This weekend we had a fourth year MUSC dental student come and stay with us for a couple of days while he interviewed at the hospital for next year's class of residents. We were glad to open our home to a fellow MUSC dental student, and wish him well! Since we had company, I though I would make some brownies from scratch for him and Paul. If I'm ever trying a new recipe, especially one like this where most people are used to a boxed version, I usually try it first before passing it out just to make sure its ok...and these brownies were very good, I will say! and super easy to make!


Homemade Brownies

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
2/3 flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

1. Heat oven to 350 and grease an 8x8x2 square pan
2. Mix sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl
3. Stir in remaining ingredients
4. Spread into pan (I found the batter to be really thick, but like I said, they turned out fine!)
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes (toothpick test)
6. Allow to cool a little, but best served warm

God Bless



1 comment:

  1. I second your recommendation on these books!! They are really good!! Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete