Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Weekend

This past weekend, Paul and I (and Vance) went to Greenville to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with his family. We've arranged a "schedule" with our families so that we spend Thanksgiving with one family, and Christmas with the other. This year, we celebrated Thanksgiving with the Reids, and since the whole family was together, we went on ahead and celebrated Christmas too!

Thanksgiving Day, Paul, his parents, and I went to Spartanburg First Baptist Church to help with "Feed the Community". We worked on an assembly line to help box turkey lunches. We probably boxed close to 200 boxes in just our line. The entire operation boxed close to 10,000 lunches!!

Then for our Thanksgiving lunch, we went to Mimi's Cafe with his grandparents and enjoyed a full turkey lunch.


Friday, Scott, Holly, Anna, and Kevin came home, and we were able to hang out for awhile. That evening we went to the Clemson-Furman men's basketball game with Paul's other grandparents. Furman actually started out leading the game, but Clemson won in the end, 59-49. I wore my purple scarf with a white shirt, so I could cheer for both teams!


Saturday, was our "Christmas Day". Mr. Reid and Anna cooked a wonderful breakfast and then we exchanged gifts. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful, thoughtful family.

 Opening presents is tiring and hard work!

Later that afternoon, it was a sunny, nice, fall day, so we were able to walk along a new trail that runs from North Greenville all the way into downtown Greenville. I think in total, it's a little over 13 miles. I'm thinking good training grounds for my next half marathon! 


Overall, it was a wonderful weekend spent with family. Paul and I have been together for over 7 years now, and the Reid's have all become so special to me. They are just as much my family as my anyone. And, we are so excited to have Holly (Scott's girlfriend) now with us! She is a great addition to our lively bunch! 

Happy Holidays!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment