Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The love for a son

This morning, as I was picking up Hudson out of the bassinet, I had this overwhelming sense of love and joy. This little person was my son, given to us as a gift from God. The greatest and most precious gift anyone could ever ask for.
But what really made me emotional, was thinking about how much I love my son, and I've only really known him for 5 days, and then thinking about my Heavenly Father and His love for me, but also His love for His son. God sent His son, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, here to Earth to die - and to die for me. I've only had Hudson for 5 days, but if someone told me that I had to give him up, I would be beside myself. I've always known about God's love for me, and known about Him sending His son to die for me, but I don't think I ever comprehended the depth of that love until I had my own son. All I could do was cry and thank God for His love, for His son, for the sacrifice He and Jesus both made on the cross, and also for my son. Hudson is a gift far greater than imaginable, and the love I have for him is probably incomparable to the love God has for us. He loves us so much that He sent His only son to die for us. If that isn't humbling, I don't know what it.

I was reminded of these verses:

Ephesians 2:4-5 
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ


Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


1 John 4:10
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

I thank God multiple times, every day, for this precious, little boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment