Saturday, August 31, 2013

3 weeks!

Hudson was three weeks old yesterday! And these three weeks have flown by!

We were excited to have my sisters come and stay for a short visit last weekend, and then my mom come and stay with us this past week. She was a huge help during the day and even the evenings. Up until she came I had been kinda hard headed about taking it easy and just resting - have I ever been one to just sit still?! But just like a good Mama should, she took the baby each afternoon and made me rest. And it was probably a good thing that she did. I don't think I realized how tired I actually was.

Hudson is doing great! He's nursing well, sleeping better (minus one feeding sometime in the middle of the night that he decides to stay awake for and after), and is starting to stay awake more during the day, too. I'm not really trying to schedule him, but more of getting him in a routine. I know the whole Baby Wise model is very strict with eating, playing, and sleeping times, which I'm not a huge fan of, but I do like the routine of eat, play, sleep. He's starting to pick up on it, and within the past day or so, has started nursing every three hours, instead of two, all on his own. I never knew how much of a difference an hour can make! My goal is really to just get him close to a three hour routine of eat, play, sleep. If we can do that, and he can start sleeping through the night a little more, which is doing as well, then I'll be happy.

Here's my baby boy - 3 weeks old!








God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment