Monday, October 22, 2012

Kitchen - before and after

We finally finished the kitchen!

I decided to stick with the same shade of gray for the kitchen that I used in the living room and backdoor entry, just to keep the "flow". Originally, I had planned on using a shade one step darker, but I actually like how it turned out.

"Way Before" - again, this is how the previous family had it arranged. They used this space as an eat-in for their family. The mom was really strict about never taking food or drinks out of the kitchen, so it made sense for them to have the daily table in the kitchen.



We on the other hand, eat dinner every once in a while in front of the TV (a habit that will be broken when we have kids!). But for us right now, it's not a big deal, and since we don't have that really open floor plan, I thought it would be good to use this space as just a sitting area - either for us, or when we have guests over. I had seen some really cute ideas on Pinterest - of course - and it's still a work in progress, but so far I love how it's turning out!

"Before" - pre-painted. My mom found these chairs at a store in Charleston, and my other designer friend, Laurie, found this rug on Craig's List!


"After" - now the after! I love how the gray looks!! I just think it's so much brighter and cooler!



So - the next room is the princess room. We begin taping tonight! The work never ends - on to the next room with a joyful heart!

And, one more thing! I went to an antique mall today that is literally 3 miles from the house, and found some amazing pieces in it! I want to take Paul back so he can see them and we can decide if any of them will work - an old pew bench, a dresser, a mirror, an old school desk, and maybe a China cabinet.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment