Sunday, August 12, 2012

Edisto: Part 2

After long, hot days on the beach, or by the pool, or walking, or whatever, nothing beats jumping in the pool and cooling off.

Or, in my case, sitting by the pool getting splashed by the boys are trying to make the biggest cannonball. Not sure who won, but they had fun jumping in! 


I did get in the pool - the water felt great, and was welcomed relief from the heat, but I mostly floated on a raft, or sat in one of the in-pool seats.

We also celebrated Scott's 22nd birthday. We cooked him breakfast, and Paul made him a pancake-cake with whipped cream frosting and decorative strawberries and blueberries. 


And what vacation wouldn't be complete without a family corn hole tournament? Let me just say, it got intense! We all played well, and had a lot of fun, but in the end, Anna and Kevin won!


I also did a lot of reading - big surprise there, I know.

Actually, I didn't read as much as I thought I would - I took three books with me, and only finished one, and started one.

My morning devotions started with My Utmost for His Highness and continued with reading a chapter in Acts.


I finished the fourth book in Karen Kingsbury's series, Above the Line. It was good, but I haven't read any of her other series before, and they kind of inter-connected, so I felt like I was missing a lot of the back story. But still a well written, easy read that kept my attention through four books.


 And I started A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff. An interesting story about a young woman who opens a vintage clothing store.


We finished the week with Anna, Kevin, Scott, and Holly leaving on Friday to go weddings, and then my parents came in Friday afternoon. We spent the evening together, and then Saturday morning, my dad, Paul, and his dad got up super early to go to Kiawah for the PGA tournament. They had a great, but long and hot, day on the course. My mom, Leah, and I stayed back at the house and went for walks, sat in the sun, played a great game of Scrabble, and enjoyed the time we could have together.

All in all, it was a wonderful week. It's so hard to believe its already over!! We began planning this trip over a year ago and have been anticipating it ever since - and now it's over. Kinda sad.

I am fortunate to have married into such a wonderful and loving family.

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment